The Misty Highpoint
[Summit team: Targo, Katrin, Toomas, Oliver]
We visited the Clingmans Dome on November 6th, 2003. There is a funny watchtower on the top but it didn't help us much because as you can see, the peak was completely covered in fog.
Here are the instructions from the Sassafras Mountain, SC:
1) Go all way back to US-64
2) Take US-64 west for 0.5 miles
3) Bear right onto SR-215 (Gloucester Rd), go 16.9 miles
4) Take Blue Ridge Parkway West, go 45.4 miles
5) Turn right onto US-441 West, go 16.1 miles
6) Turn left onto Clingmans Dome Road, go 6.3 miles
7) Park your car and start climbing.
Tagasi / Back